Saturday 16 November 2013

Pray for the Philippines

Hey everyone! I hope you're all okay.
Today I wanted to write a different post to want I usually do.  I wanted talk to you guys about the typhoon in the Philippines.
Yesterday, one of my teachers at school told us a story about a man who was affected by Typhoon Haiyan ( Typhoon Yolanda ). His family, friends, neighbours, home, village and possessions were all destroyed by this disaster. The only thing he had to be grateful for was the fact he is still breathing.
I can't begin to imagine what people like him, in the Philippine,s are having to go through but I find these stories about Typhoon Haiyan make me much more grateful for what I have. All the times we complain about, all the little things that make us stressed, sad or just think that we've had a bad day, think of the poor Philippines man. What may be a bad day to us, there is always someone in the world whose day has been worst than ours.



 
( image from  the news, online )
 
There is an online website where you can donate to the Philippines to help provide shelter clean water and food. One thing we can all do is pray for those who have lost everything the had and pray for those who lost there lives.

Be grateful of everyday of you have and treat each one like it's a blessing.

Thank you for reading :)
Enjoy the rest off your weekend!
- Katie xoxo

6 comments:

  1. definitely makes me feel more grateful... they're in my prayers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awful, I can't believe just how devastating it is! You can't help but think just how lucky we are, some times we take stuff for granted

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!
      Just been to your blog & followed - your blog is amazing!
      Katie xo

      Delete
  3. It's unimaginable what these people must be going through right now, great awareness post- very heartwarming to see people raising awareness and getting involved by donating. L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzie!
      So sorry i haven't done the 'confession of a blogger tag' yet, I promise the post will be up between now and Friday ;)
      Katie xo

      Delete